[lazarus] Win32 GTK Does work again!!!!

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Fri Feb 1 05:00:24 EST 2002

+ From: Jeff Wormsley [mailto:daworm9 at home.com]
+
+ On 1/31/2002 at 7:28 PM Michael A. Hess wrote:
+
+ >That is what LCL_PLATFORM indicates.
+ >
+ >OS_TARGET is used to indicate differences in OS.
+ >
+ >The problem I originally indicated is that portions of the default
+ >makefile assumes that win32 OS will only every use win32
+ >widget set. It needs to be flexible. As you indicated this will
+ >also be a problem if qt is desired for Linux.
+
+ Ok, so the core problem is the makefile.
+
+ The term LCL_PLATFORM isn't quite as descriptive as it could
+ be.  The word platform to me brought to mind Windows vs Linux
+ vs FreeBSD, etc. which is, as you say, OS_TARGET, which does
+ make more sense.  On second look at the word platform, if I
+ didn't know better, I would think it meant x86 vs. Sparc vs.
+ m68K, but that makes no sense with the LCL prefix.  That it
+ meant widget set didn't occur to me.

Yeah..... At that time I needed a variable to make a difference in the
makefiles. Didn't think that hard :-)

Marc