[lazarus] Universal problems?

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:50:29 EST 2002

Hiya!  I've made some progress with getting the examples to work/be rendered
properly when compiled with the win32 interface over the last couple days;
however, there are a couple of things that don't work, for reasons
unbeknownst to me, and I want to know if these things work properly on Linux
and *BSD.

The first thing is that OnClick doesn't work for radio buttons (see
bitbutton).  I think this is because either TRadioButton needs to be
inherited from TButton or the event handler needs to be in TButtonControl.
But if it works for you guys, then I'm confused.

The second thing is the same thing that was happening with the Lazarus
editor compiled with the gtk interface on Win32: you can't type anything in
a SynEdit control.  I think this is probably a Windows-specific problem,
since you guys are still using SynEdit for the editor.

And BTW, I think I've isolated where the IDE runs into a problem on Win32;
it's in ObjectInspector1.Show.  I'm not sure why or where, but I'll try to
get it fixed to make room for more bugs as soon as possible.