[lazarus] CVS updates debugger
marc at dommelstein.net
Tue Feb 5 19:19:46 EST 2002
It took some time, but I finally came to a point to commit some debugger
code. It is integrated to the IDE and you can start debugging by run, step
over or step into.
Some note, issues, features, bug and other things:
* Sometimes the debugger wont start debugging. Just try to run again (and
again and again). Internally GDB complains about non accasible memory, bui
I can't really reproduce it. Mostly a second run will do (I'm thinking of
checking this internally)
* When the debugger pauses on an unknown file, the IDE asks if you want to
create it. This is a bug, it should ask if you want to open it.
* When de debugger terminates it sometimes popsup your last app. ???
* Exeptions are not yet recognized. So if execution stops without cause,
you probably have hit an exeption
* Breakpoints aren't enabled yet (oops I forgot something)
* Watches will take a while (i'll fix the breakpoints first)
* An application outputwindow and a debugger output window will be added
BTW, It is linux tested only, I don't expect it to run on anything else
(you don't have to try it, some platform specific code isn't implemented yet).
More information about the Lazarus