[lazarus] delphi compatibility

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Feb 6 05:04:13 EST 2002

+ From: Michal Bukovjan [mailto:michal.bukovjan at openone.cz]

[..]

+ Sure. That is why property editors exist after all.
+ Just for a record, I studied how it is done in Kylix today.
+ In pursuing compatibility, Borland arrived exactly to what I
+ want to avoid. On their controls, you can set up *only* Color,
+ and Font.Color (as in Windows) and Bitmap, which seems to be
+ new. The problem is, when you use your own colors, there is
+ no way to specify the color of font or background for disabled
+ or mouseover state.
+ So when a user applies the right theme, you get unreadable
+ text or funny looking hover effects (yellow text on yellow
+ background, or gray text on gray background, etc.). I call
+ it plain design flaw.
+
+ I will think about this ExtendedStyle some more :-)

IMHO, if one is using themes, one should not play with fonts/colors/bitmaps
etc. It should be handled by the theme. If one still wants to change
fonts/colors/bitmaps etc. I call that a design flaw.

Marc