[lazarus] Lazarus freeze XFree

Alexander Reiter r.alex at utanet.at
Mon Feb 18 16:27:17 EST 2002

i am using a Diamond Monster Fusion (Voodoo Bunshee Card). but
the problem only appears in lazarus. all my other applications are
running quite well. i am also using kylix with SDL without any
problems. (but kylix is to slow, therefore i want to use lazarus and
SDL). here is the log of lazarus:

br
alex

Am Mon, 2002-02-18 um 22.02 schrieb Michal Bukovjan:
> Hi,
>
> this may be more of a XFree86 problem. 4.2.0 is pretty new and reported
> to be sometimes unstable.
> What card are you using?
> Do you have anything in your system logs?
>
> Michal
>
> Alexander Reiter wrote:
>
> >hello all,
> >
> >   i've a problem with the current lazarus version (cvs). i can
> >   compile the whole source and start lazarus but when i try to
> >   select a component for example a button, the whole applications
> >   starts to work very very very slow. when you press a key (ALT-key)
> >   you can switch the window focus but after one minute the
> >   whole xfree freezes (or just the input devices like mouse and
> >   keyboard).
> >
> >   my current configuration: Lazarus (cvs), fpc 1.0.5 (version to
> >   compile the current lazarus source code, XFree 4.2.0, gtk 1.2.10,
> >   rest standard SUSE 7.3
> >
> > br
> > alex

NOTE: editor options config file not found
Note: codetools config file not found - using defaults
Note: loading old codetools options file: /home/alex/.lazarus/codetoolsoptions.xml

NOTE: FPC Source Directory not set!  (see Environment Options)

NOTE: Could not create Define Template for Free Pascal Sources
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed A  TOIPROPERTYGRID
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_new, ToDo: check parameters, gtk-Critical
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_Init B  check this:
GTKAPIWidget_Init END
GTKAPIWidget_new END
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed B
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed A  TOIPROPERTYGRID
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_new, ToDo: check parameters, gtk-Critical
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_Init B  check this:
GTKAPIWidget_Init END
GTKAPIWidget_new END
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed B
Form Stream Signature=TPF0
Form Stream Signature=TPF0
TMainIDE.Create A ***********
TMainIDE.DoNewProject A
TMainIDE.DoNewEditorUnit A NewFilename=
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree B OnlyInterfaceNeeded=TRUE  unit1.pas
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree B OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE  project1.lpr
[TCustomFormEditor.CreateComponent] Class='TFORM'
[TJITForms] AddNewJITForm
NewFormName is Form1, NewClassName is TForm1
[TJITForms.RenameClass] OldName='TJITForm' NewName='TForm1'
[TJITForms.RenameClass] OldName='TForm1' NewName='TForm1'
TPascalParserTool.BuildTree B OnlyInterfaceNeeded=FALSE  project1.lpr
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed A  TSYNEDIT
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_new, ToDo: check parameters, gtk-Critical
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_Init B  check this:
GTKAPIWidget_Init END
GTKAPIWidget_new END
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed B
STOPPOK: [TGtkObject.SetText] Possible superfluous use of SetText, use SetLabel instead!
TMainIDE.DoNewUnit end
TMainIDE.DoNewProject end 0
TMainIDE.Create B
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed A  TSYNEDIT
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_new, ToDo: check parameters, gtk-Critical
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_Init B  check this:
GTKAPIWidget_Init END
GTKAPIWidget_new END
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed B
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed A  TSYNEDIT
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_new, ToDo: check parameters, gtk-Critical
(gtkwinapiwindow.pp) GTKAPIWidget_Init B  check this:
GTKAPIWidget_Init END
GTKAPIWidget_new END
[TgtkObject.CreateComponent] csFixed B
[GTKMotionNotify] Capture differs -->  cap:0x8352110 gtk:0x08351F38