[lazarus] help format

Denis Leger Denis.Leger at laposte.net
Fri Jan 25 03:34:12 EST 2002

Le Wednesday 23 January 2002 17:56, Mattias Gaertner a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> A month ago, there was a discussion about the help format for lazarus.
> It was mentioned, that a browser based help system would be far too
> slow. The alternatives for the format were html, windows help, custom
> format or fpdoc. The alternatives for the viewer were custom helpviewer
> or gtkhtml.
>
> The help should be easily to edit under at least linux and windows.
> The context sensitive help system for the IDE needs a link based system,
> which can be remote controlled. Remote control should be possible via
> help IDs and via keyword search like "TTreeView" -> "Items". It would be
> nice, if the help viewer has got only one window, instead of three like
> Delphi. I think, the Delphi navigation of properties to the left and
> explanation to the right is nice, but I miss the big context. It would
> help, if the left side shows a tree of the complete help instead of just
> one node
>
> Did I miss something important?
>
> Is there any help format+viewer+editor available?

I'm working on it, but don't have much time to spend to it. Wait a little,
and i will present something, probably based on gtkhtml.

By the way, i have a problem with the conversion C->pascal of gtkhtml with
some types of variables :

How can i translate :

struct _GtkHTML {
   [...]
	guint in_selection : 1;
	guint button1_pressed : 1;

	guint debug : 1;
	guint allow_selection : 1;
   [...]
};

I don't know how to declare a bit variable in pascal...

--
Denis Léger