[lazarus] fpcmake lcl support

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Jan 29 17:09:53 EST 2002

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> One question:
> How does a 'require=synedit' finds out the gtk requirement?
> Is there some doc about this feature?

I believe it will take just a little bit more tweeking because it
currently doesn't know which to use.

> > When required i can mail a .zip with updated Makefile.fpc that
> > support this. These files are tested under linux and they produce a
> > correct lazarus executable
>
> Plz send them to me too.

I'll send you what Peter sent me in a private email.

> Michael A., will u add them?

We can't at this point. Why? Because it doesn't work.

The idea is to try and use the fpcmake to figure things out via the
Package.fpc file. The problem is that fpcmake, at least the only version
I can get hold of, looks for the Package.fpc files in the FPC source
tree.

That means we would have to make the following directories and files:

  \pp\lcl\Package.fpc
  \pp\components\codetools\Package.fpc
  \pp\components\synedit\Package.fpc
  .
  .
  .

so forth and so on. However we do not want to have Lazarus tied to the
compiler at all. In my case on Win32 I only use a snapshot of the Win32
compiler with no source and the Lazarus source is locate in a totally
different place then the FPC. We don't want to have the two tied
together.

So unless the new fpcmake with the '-r' available option can work with
the Package.fpc files in the Lazarus source tree we can't use fpcmake
and have to stick with putting all of the include directives in the
fpcmake.fpc file.

I previously mentioned this to Peter but have not heard back from him
yet.