[lazarus] Does Win32 work???

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jan 30 17:59:35 EST 2002

Keith Bowes wrote:

> Most of the examples work more or less (except where I noted before).
> However, the
> IDE still isn't working (I get an invalid type cast exception right
> after the Events page is shown).
>

> > Just to check things out could you send me an .exe of one of the
> > examples that you build and can make work? If I can get it to work
> > here then I know that it is something with my building of the app and
> > not something inside windows itself.
> >
> > Please send it via a private email.
> >

> Sure, I'll send you the simple hello.exe program via personal e-mail.

Now this is very interesting. The application you sent me works. But the
one I build just crashes. What the heck is the difference???????

Something MUST be different with the compiler that is being used. I am
using the new fpcmake and make that Peter sent me. I am also using a
1.0.5 snapshot version of the compiler built on Jan. 24th.

Can you zip up the compiler directory \pp that you are using and either
ftp it to me or make it available for me to ftp?

I really want to narrow down what is going on.

By the way with the new 'make' the windres problem is still there. Make
will not run windres.