[lazarus] Win32 crash fixed

Luis R. Hilario l_hilario at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:15:11 EST 2002

Keith Bowes wrote:

> I think I've solved and fixed the crash some of you are getting on Win32.
> Please update your source and tell me if it worked for you.
>
> As for the windres problem, I don't know what's happening there.  My best
> theory is that the people that are having trouble with it are using an older
> version of Windows that has DOS compatibility, which is circumventing the
> update.

Windows '98 / IE 5.5 (and Mozilla :)

I is using a clean copy now (before used that of Linux).
After learning to use WinCVS is using it to obtain the sources for
Windows.

I is compiling to Lazarus of two forms: Manually (l.bat) and using
make.exe (with a little aid).

Using make.exe
--------------
windres -i lazarus.rc -o lazarus.res
make

Yes!

Using l.bat
-----------
windres -i lazarus.rc -o lazarus.res
l.bat

Compiling .\lcl\interfaces\win32\winext.pas
winext.pas(109,13) Error: Illegal type conversion
winext.pas(150,32) Warning: Local variable LASTP does not seem to be
initialized

winext.pas(180,26) Error: Illegal type conversion
winext.pas(182,26) Error: Illegal type conversion
winext.pas(212) Fatal: There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping

All the errors are resolved putting a "@".

Function StrToPChar(Const Str: String): PChar;
Begin
  TmpStr := PChar(@Str[1]);
  Result := TmpStr;
End;

Function StrToPChar(Const Str: String): PChar; // Is the same thing,
truth?
Begin
  Result := PChar(@Str[1]);
End;

And now it compiles.

Of the two forms Lazarus and the examples "function".

--
| Luis R. Hilario                |

ppc386 -S2 lazarus.pp -Fudebugger -Fudesigner -Fucomponents\synedit -Fucomponents\codetools -Fiinclude -Fiinclude/win32 -Fulcl -Filcl/include -Fulcl/interfaces/win32