[lazarus] VCL VCLX Class Descriptions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 27 09:31:15 EDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 04:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
musa <hakmesyo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> as you know in delphi you can easily change component
> to string or string to component which is the heart of
> dfm files. i want to make some things with free pascal
> , but i cant do it. Please can you tell me why and how
> it should be..thanks

The FCL provides very similar functions for component streaming as Delphis VCL.
An example how to stream a TForm to a text file (.lfm/.dfm) can be found in main.pp function CreateLFM.
Creating a component from a text works just the other way. Convert the text to a binary stream and use a TReader.

Don't know if there is a doc about this topic.

Mattias