[lazarus] CVS broken

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 5 08:32:38 EST 2002

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 14:15:40 +0100
Michal Bukovjan <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Someone recently changed something and the IDE no longer compiles :-(
>
> -----------------------------
> Compiling ideprocs.pp
> Assembling ideprocs
> Assembling lazconf
> Assembling compileroptions
> Compiling project.pp
> project.pp(35,28) Fatal: Can't find unit CODETOOLMANAGER
> make[1]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michal/source/lazarus/lazarus'
> make: *** [ide] Error 2
>
> A new file is missing ?

Nope, everything allright.
How do you compile and what is the complete output?

If you compiled via the hack 'make clean all; make ide', then I know, what went wrong.
The codetools did not compile due to an error in the compiler. It's the same bug, that prevents uniteditor.pp to compile and why we needed the hack. This bug has been fixed a few days ago, thx to Pierre Muller. The buggy compiler needs the following:

make clean all; make; make

With the new compiler 1.0.6 you can simply use 'make clean all'. I hope it will be available on the fpc site in the next days.

Mattias