[lazarus] Web site and Splash image +leopard??

Liebrecht Venter Lrven at attglobal.net
Wed Mar 6 09:33:29 EST 2002

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 04:54:23 -0500
> "Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:
>
> > In line with the new site I have also created a new logo for us on the
> > site and as the IDE Splash screen. You can see the file at this URL.
> >
> >     http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/images/lazarus_about.jpg
> >
> >     http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/images/newsite.jpg
>
> Yeah
> Want to see more.
>
> > The new web site should hopefully be online within another week. I still
> > have some porting of existing site content to the new layout and then I
> > can turn it on.
>
> I hope, I will also manage, that the codetools work with Delphi sources next week.
> Then we have enough reasons for 0.8.3. :)
>
> > On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:25:42 +0100
> > Florian Klaempfl <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe some users have experience with Softimage, Maya or POV and some
> > time to render a similiar image. Maybe a tux, sitting on a crashed greek
> > temple ;)
>
> Why crashed?  ;)
>
> Why not add an fpc leopard hunting the red, yellow and blue forms?
>
> Better

Hey guys...I stayed the better part of my life in Africa...
That is not a leopard,...unless the artist got the gif all wrong....it's a Cheetah
Acinonyx Jubatus.   The word cheetah is derived from a hindi word as the indian
royalty used cheetahs to hunt as long as man has recorded history.

A cheetah is only remotely related to the cat family (as leopards) as it does not
even have retractable claws. They have feet looking exactly like that of a dog which
is one reason they can run that fast. Cheetah's are therfore not classified as true
cats (Felix and pathera) and definately not a leopard. Some scientific circles do not
even regard it as a cat at all. Furthermore cheetah's never hunt humans, while I had
my own encounter or two with leopards which preferres prey such  as hominids or apes
(e.g. us --the Lazarus community).

We (apes and hominids) taste like pork but we dont run as fast as a wild pig...
which is why a leopard is one of the most dangerous human preditors except for
crocodiles Bgates and other reptiles.

By the way,...when is step into and breakpoints going to work in Lazarus?
Delphi's window behaviour  is really getting onn my nerves.