[lazarus] Some Lazarus / LCLbugs found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 9 06:37:49 EST 2002

On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 04:02:53 +0100
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

> While inmplementing some debuggerparts I ran into the following issues:
>
> * Code completion only works if a declaration is placed in the first
> section of a class definition
>
> MyClass = class
> // completion works
> private
> // completion doesnt work
> protected
> // completion doesnt work
> public
> // completion doesnt work
> published
> // completion doesnt work
> end;
>
> IMO only the IDE should place things at the first location, developers
> should place things at the other locations (where it isn'tworking :-(

Hmm. It worked always, but not as intended.
I improved the class completion for GUID, line ends/auto indenting and first section.

The heuristic is somewhat complex, but here are some short guidelines:
- if a property needs new variables and/or methods, they will always be inserted as private variables.
- These new vars/methods will be inserted in the nearest private section in front of the property.
- if no private section exists in front of the property, a new one will be inserted as the first section of the class (behind the GUID).

In contrary to Delphi, the codetools also consider comments and gaps.

Fixed?

Mattias