[lazarus] About compatibility???

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 9 13:20:07 EST 2002

On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 15:19:35 +0100
Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Also the {$useheader xx} is something that will never make it into the
> compiler. We are a pascal compiler not a C compiler.

Thx god.

> IMHO an option for h2pas in the IDE is not that usefull, it can only be
> used for very simple .h files not for complex things like gtk/gnome.

Just to avoid misunderstandings:
The frontend I have in mind, will be something of a dialog to easily manage the h2pas options and add some functions to the IDE, to make the boring search&replace easier, which is often needed before/after applying h2pas.
These options and editing steps can be saved to a file, so that the next time a newer version of the header files can be converted faster.
I think, this could help to accelerate the conversion process.
Of course I'm not a c to pascal conversion crack, and I don't know any such frontend, so I need some help to gather good ideas, what functions are needed for c to pascal conversion.

Mattias