[lazarus] Compile error control.inc (ssQuad / ssTriple)

Stefan. Hille stoppok at muenster.de
Mon May 20 18:54:22 EDT 2002

Hi

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 20 May 2002 11:36:48 +0200 Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
> I just checked. You are right. They are all beta and all of them do not
> contain the patch. Mysterious. I have readded compiler directives. This
> time for 1.0.7.
> Probably we must once again start building our own
> compiler.

Don't think we should do this until there are must-have features missing.
IMHO this one is only a nice-to-have feature and the ifdef solution should
be ok as long as we're far away from 1.0. Building our own compiler
would require resources (build, maintain, *document*)  we can better spend
on our own code.

BTW: For those not so familar with cvs:

  When I hit the compile error I still wanted to test some things. To make
  lazarus compile again I checked out the latest working version of
  control.inc (version 1.49 in this case). This could easily be done by
  issuing

    cvs update -r 1.49 control.inc

  in the lcl/include directory. control.inc was now "sticky" and excluded
  from any furher update. When I saw Mattias mail about the workaround I
  removed the sticky-flag with

    cvs update -A control.inc

bye,

  Stefan