[lazarus] I'd like to help with development

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 2 13:28:21 EST 2002

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 19:07:45 +0100
<dan.mach at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help with development.
> I've chosen "Lazarus" project at school, so I've to make some
> components to be included into Lazarus CVS.
>
> Have you some work for me?

Here is Andrew's list:

  Frames
    Need a lot of changes throughout the LCL and IDE.
  ActionList
     Probably farely simple
  MaskEdit-
     pretty hard stuff, I can see somewhat how but hardly all...
  Grids(TCustomGrid, StringGrid, DrawGrid)
     possibly based on Tony Maro's and/or Jesus Reyes'
  CheckListBox
     easy enough I think, as its based on CustomListbox
  Splitter
     This is an interface specific problem
  ControlBar
     no idea
  LCDNumber
     All custom drawn, no really advanced features, pretty easy
  TabControl
    Very like Notebook, but pages are self contained, so could
    probably be based upon the same code without TOO much effort
  PageControl
    I think this is the same as Notebook, and thus pointless
  HeaderControl
     Could probably be done in the same way as TStatusBar though a
     bit more complicated, so not too much work involved.
  Animate
     May not be possible as part of the LCL, but perhaps the
     proposed Multimedia extensions could include this eventually
  Toolbar
    Well, it might as well be missing! And I wouldn't know where
    to begin to fix it.
  TextViewer
  TextBrowser
    these rank right up there with Delphi RichEdit in Difficulty
  IconView
    Possible in GNOME and Win32 without too much trouble, though
    it would have to me done manually in GTK+ which will take quite
    a bit more work.
  FindDialog
  ReplaceDialog
    Probably really easy as they do none of the real work
    themselves, the question really comes down to interface
    dependency. Will it be wanted, how often available etc.

> I've made component ID3v1 to handle ID3 v1.1 tags
> (maybe it should be useful)
> (it's also exmple of my interests)
>
> How is organized including components into CVS?

Just sent the sources to one of the developers.

Mattias