[lazarus] Problem compiling lazarus under new install of 1.0.7

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Nov 5 13:50:04 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 06:58, David Creelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed Tony Maro's instructions for installing fpc 1.0.7 and at

Well there's your first problem - I obviously don't know what I'm doing.
;-D

> first had a problem getting gtkproc to compile. So then I downloaded
> unitsx11.tar.gz and got further, but now I get the following error.

I have never seen that one but I would lean towards that you might be
missing another unit maybe?  Or the fpc.conf file is not right somehow.

Did you download and extract ALL the FPC units, or just the few I noted
that I had learned were required?  Things have changed a bit since I
specified those few.  Last time I did an install I just automatically
grabbed all the FPC units and installed them all.  Part of the problem
of guessing just which units to install is that FPC 1.0.7 has still
changed some, and I think they moved some things around or something...

If you figure out that my possible required units list is missing one or
more specific units, let me know which ones and I'll update it.

I installed a fresh copy about 1 week ago, and installed ALL the units
and it worked fine.  I didn't try to piecemeal it because I knew sooner
or later I would need them anyway...

Oh, you don't happen to still have some 1.0.6 files still installed do
you?  I got weird problems when I accidentally mismatched some things
once.

Thanks,

Tony