[lazarus] Just another bug

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Nov 14 10:08:43 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:57:13 +0100
Florian Klaempfl <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > What about writing a semi-GUI wrapper for the compiler used by
> > > lazarus? I.e. a compiler which gets all settings via IPC and returns
> > > status info the same way. So you don't have the disadvantages of an
> > > integrated compiler like a crashing compiler crashes the IDE, memory
> > > leaks caused by the compiler etc..
> >
> >Nice idea.
> >But what about compiling via makefiles and scripts?
>
> What do you mean with this?

For example:
When the IDE builds lazarus it calls 'make' and parses the output for make
and fpc output. If the user has a localized fpc, the IDE can't understand
it.

>  The IPC controlled compiler would be used only
> by the lazarus IDE to simply communication with the it and solve
> problems like the language stuff.

It will solve direct compilation. But there are enough cases, where a simple
ppc386 command is not sufficient (for example everything with
gtk2forpascal).

Mattias