[lazarus] Custom LCL components still bugging me

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Nov 14 21:06:16 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 11:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> > Does this mean you fixed it in CVS?
>
> Yes.
> Does it solve your problem?

Well, no.  It works properly on a brand new project, but attempting to
add it to CheckBook Tracker results in the FrmMain variable going
wacko.  I get access violations when I try to access any properties of
the form such as clientheight or title.

Don't ask me why, but it's probably something to do with the size of my
application...

Source to test the component in (still):

http://members.telocity.com/~tonymaro/cbbad.tgz

As is, the above download WILL WORK.  But if you drop the TESDSound
component on the form (or just add esdsound to the uses clause), it does
something with the main form's variable that makes it invalid when the
program runs.  I tested and it's NOT related to the splash screen trick
I'm doing.

The only thing that comes to mind might be either the size of the
application, the number of controls on the main form, or the number of
units in the USES clause of the main form that is affecting things.

-Tony