[lazarus] Custom LCL components still bugging me

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Nov 15 14:52:49 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 11:18, Tony Maro wrote:

> I know, I'm carrying on a conversation with myself, but the corruption
> problem is definitely in the form's resource.  I am able to replace the
> unitmain.lrs file with a known good one and recompile and the
> application works.

Wow, that's it... I've learned more about how Lazarus creates forms than
I ever wanted to.  ;-)

When you add this unit to the form, for some reason the form sets
visible := True explicitly declared in the .lfm (and .lrs of course)

If I add the esdsound unit and EXPLICITLY set the visible property of
the form to false in the designer, the problem does not occur.

-Tony