[lazarus] FPC question,complex forward records?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:06:28 EDT 2002

I am trying to port IDL.h, as it is required by some other libs, and I found
out that doing the way I have been is going to be somethings of a nightmare.
Most of the records use TIDL_tree_node, which uses everything.. aka curcular
reference. The way they get around this in the c Header is with a forward
declaration of TIDL_tree_node. Is it possible to do this in FPC as well?
something like -

  TIDL_tree_node = record;

and then re-declare it later in the file?

With classes this is easy but I am rather stumped on how to do this for
record.

Andrew