[lazarus] Lazarus still freezes X

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:06:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:06:33 +0200
"Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote :

>The problem is not, where it does _not_ freeze. I myself don't have such a
>freezer.
>The freezes appear on a RH7.3 to RH8.0 upgraded computer and with the
>current lazarus, the lazarus one month ago, but not the lazarus 2 months
>ago.
>So, this is probably something Andrew and I have done.

Hmm, I just thought of something.. I had set Hint Window's to be transient
to the main form, before I changed the BorderStyle code, but I never removed
it when I was done. Since Hint Window's are still popup's..it is possible
that they could get stuck recieving all Lazarus Mouse calls, though I
thought this had been fixed, but if something in X or later versions of GTK
has changed the behaviour of popup's this could have some deadly results.
Try disabling the code that set hint windows transient for now. It is in the
create routine.. I will look into making Hint windows Bordlerless Transient
Dialogs instead on my system here and see how well that works. If it takes
care of all the problems I will commit it and see what happens for other
people using RH >=7.3

Andrew

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.