[lazarus] Stoopid newbie package question

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 24 02:06:52 EDT 2002

> You had to know it was coming...
>
> How can I take a Lazarus application and create a makefile, etc. so that
> I can make RPM packages with it?
>
> Anybody point me in the right direction?
>
> I know very little about RPM creation, and from what I've been reading
> it looks like the RPM software must be able to compile and install using
> your makefile...
>
> Or perhaps we can just skip the whole makefile thingy and someone can
> tell me a better way to turn a Lazarus built app into a package in
> Linux?

You don't need a Makefile to build a RPM package. The building part of the
spec file is just a shell script. So you can insert also everything
manual.

But mostly it is preferred to have a Makefile that does the job for
compiling and installing files. The RPM package will then only call the
Makefile.