[lazarus] Endless loop problem I'm not sure how to trace

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sun Oct 27 10:15:54 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 06:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> I did only some small tests and found some mem leaks and a double
> canvas, which I fixed.

I'm not sure I follow you - is this something wrong in my code, or in
the LCL?

> Your description makes clear that one message creates the next in an
> endless loop. Clicking outside the application creates mouse and focus
> out messages. So we can start looking here.

But wouldn't that require a message handler to trigger another message?
I checked my handler routines and none of them were repeating...

> I also added 'BeforeDestruction' to TForm.Destroy, which is a workaround
> for the missing BeforeDestruction call of the 1.0.x compiler. This fixes
> for example your mem leaks in cbtracker. So, you can now use heaptrc
> without garbage.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about unless this is why
the onformdestroy didn't work.

Thanks,

Tony