[lazarus] I can't compile Lazarus in Mandrake 9 (stupid question I'm sure)

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Oct 29 11:27:27 EST 2002

I didn't run into this in my last distro, but I just put in a fresh install
of Mandrake 9 and I'm not sure what's causing this.  When I go to make
Lazarus, after a bit of compiling scrollby, I get:

Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.7 [2002/10/29] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling lazarus.pp
gdkpixbuf.pp(48,13) Fatal: Can't find unit GLIB
make[1]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tonym/lazarus'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

I'm not quite sure what it's looking for.  I've installed ALL of the linux
packs for FPC from the daily snapshot.  And I checked my package manager and
everything GLIB and pixbuf related is installed.

Thanks,

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net