[lazarus] Lazarus with mysql unit

Tony Maro tonym at nlisc.com
Fri Sep 6 15:25:43 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 11:29, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The mysql unit as provided with FPC 1.0.6 works only with version 3.22
> of MySQL.
>
> If you want to use version 3.23, you should use the latest version of
> the mysql unit in CVS. As you will see, there are 3 versions:
> 3.22
> 3.23
> 4.0
> Using the wrong version will result in crashes as described by you.
>
> Michael.

Okay, so this is certainly more of a FPC question, but I'm gonna ask
anyway.  I've installed FPC 1.0.6 from the ELF binaries.  I have also
downloaded the CVS of FPC as well.

I'm clueless about how to rebuild everything from the CVS edition.
Besides, all I really want is the mysql unit for 3.23.  Is there a way I
can just build the mysql unit for 3.23 and install it into my 1.0.6
installation?  I tried running "make" from the mysql directory and it
bombs looking for sysunixh.inc

OR, is it just possible to grab the mysql.pp, mysql_com.pp and
mysql_version.pp files and place them inside my project so they get used
instead of the distributed version?

Thanks,
Tony