[lazarus] KOI8-R localization

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Sep 14 04:48:59 EDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:36:50 +0400
"÷ÁÓÉÌÉÊ" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> > Here is a russian (KOI8-R) version of  localisation. Seems that
> > localization file is only partially used by lazarus
>
> Besides, I've got a file in correct encoding.
> Anyway, it might be a good idea to localize not only menu (and potentially dialogs), but even component pallete.

All parts should be localized.
The codetools are completely localized. See the language directory there.
The LCL needs comletion.
The interfaces are not yet started. But they are currently not defining many strings anyway.
And the IDE should even support switching the language at runtime.

Any volunteers?

> I'll make an experiment (by the way, I did it: on my lazarus components are Russian, but it is permanent localization, I'll try a good).
> There is another problem... If you run lazarus from it's source directory, it works localized fine. From /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin (I have a symlink /usr/local -> /usr)

I changed it, to use the the lazarus source directory to search the .mo files.

Mattias