[lazarus] StringList streaming

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 16 13:09:32 EDT 2002

On 16 Sep 2002 11:53:12 -0400
Tony Maro <tonym at nlisc.com> wrote:

> With all the talk of streaming not fully functional yet, I was wondering
> what IS functional before I go develop my new component.
>
> I'll need to be able to stream the contents of a TStringList and be able
> to save a Tstream as a file.  Inbetween will be some compression
> algorithms so the finished product is a compressed text file.
>
> So, to restate without the rambling, what is the current working status
> of the TStringList and TStream objects?

Fully functional. The fcl is very 'Delphi' complete.

The talk was/is about the component streaming. During streaming a lcl component is paralysed. And when streaming has finished it awakes and must apply all changes at once, ignoring all dependencies. This works now for almost all components and all properties (nearly one thousand).

Mattias