[lazarus] Warning during build / IDE crashes

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:39:14 EDT 2002

----Original Message Follows----
From: Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Warning during build / IDE crashes
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:25:58 +0200

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:51:25 -0400
"Andrew Johnson" <aj_genius at hotmail.com> wrote:

 > On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:31:10 +0200
 > "Michal Bukovjan" <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:
 >
 > >It should have no impact on Lazarus stability, and Lazarus runs
 > >(reasonably) stable for me.
 >
 > >I just tried Save All, works normally. Perhaps some bitmaps problem?
What
 > >resoltuion do you run? Bitdepth?
 >
 > No way this is a bitmap problem as it also occurs on Menu Items,
sometimes
 > shortcuts.. besides, since one of my current projects is bitmaps, that
was
 > the very first thing I checked.. I have tried it on several res/bitdepth
no
 > change... it just sort of pops up... I just did a cvs update and
recompiled.
 > tried again, worked for a little while then happened again on Save-all(I
 > figure thats a safe bet for tracing) this time I also got a stack trace.
 > very LONG stacktrace which I won't list here.. but at the top it said:
 >
 > Access Violation
 > 0x8193A21 TMAIN_SAVESOURCEEDITORPROJECTSPECIFICSETTINGS, line 3213 of
 > main.pp
 >
 > Don't know if this is a different problem or not.. but I also started
 > getting AV on close as well since updating.

>I fixed several mem leaks and some potential bugs in wincontrol.inc and
>customcombobox.inc.
>Mighty memcheck :)
>Hopefully this will reduce your crashes.

So far so good on everything.. except.. I still get an error on save all...
but since I updated a most of my problems disapeared so I was able to
determine what I do before it happens - I open a lot of units, then a close
a few, then I do a SaveAll. This also is the error I am getting on close, it
happens when it asks if I want to save, I say yes, and get almost the same
stacktrace as with saveall. So this is probably an issue with saving what
units are open in the Code Explorer.

Andrew