[lazarus] GTK+ Theme colors

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 12:55:11 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:55:49 +0200
"Michal Bukovjan" <bukovjan at mbox.dkm.cz> wrote:

>Sure, I just thought we should perhaps design or create the compatibility
>with Kylix in mind.
>Isn't it true that Delphi 6/7 is compatible with Kylix (i.e. in case of
>colors they use the Kylix/CLX design), and therefore if we stick to
>pre-Kylix (Windows only) design, we will be obsolete by the time of
>release?

>I don't know; perhaps someone coding in Delphi 6/7 could shed a light on
>this?

I checked out D6 Personal Edition, and it doesn't.. it has the option of
separately downloading and installing a CLX version, which is very
incompatible (IMO) with any prior Delphi code.. like no real printing..
minimal DB support(colors) etc etc.. So I think it will be a good while
before we are obsolete, even if Delphi 7 is fully CLX. As for Kylix... well
it was released before it was ready and it will be a good while before a lot
of people will work with it.. our company bought Kylix 2... and it still
looks like finishing Lazarus, and porting too IT would be faster than
porting to Kylix. And while Lazarus has come along a way....well you can see
my point. It will be a good while before Kylix compatibility will be serious
issue.

Andrew