[lazarus] Edit text beckground color.

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Tue Sep 24 18:32:42 EDT 2002

At 18:21 24-9-2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:04:28 +0200
>"Marc Weustink" <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
>
>>I hadn't looked at Lazarus for a week, so maybe I missed something, but
>>what is the reason that my default edit text background color is grey ?
>>That is, the editable area. If the window is larger than the text, the
>>rest is white
>
>First off, what kind of theme are you using?

Theme... theme... let me see... Basic (I'm not that into theming).

>I have implemented a GTK Theme compatibility wherever possible.

I know (we discussed it :-)

>This means that the default background color aka clWindow, clWindowText
>etc, is going to Match your themes almost exactly. I haven't had any
>issues with it yet, however it does look rather bizzare on some
>themes.(NOT because it is wrong, but because the default colors look
>strange in a Text Edit) . For instance one Theme I have on my system is
>EnGradient EMacs, where the Window color is light Green, and the Text
>color is light Peach, which looks really wierd in a Text Edit, especially
>given the other defaults.

That why I asked. Only in the editor, the background of the area where
editble lines are is grey, the rest is white.
Edit boxes, combo boxes, other gnome windows (theme selector) the
background is white.

To show the weirdness, not the while editor is grey, only where lines are.

Say you have 3 lines of text, where 10 lines fit on the screen, only the
area with the 3 lines is grey, the rest is white as I expected.

>I would suggest you override the default Text Background colors  with
>White.. and the default text color with black. Which it should be anyway..
>In Delphi the default color is always White, not clWindow. etc.

Either I'm completely blind or it is at a illogic place, but I couldn't
find a way to set the default colors.

What worked for me was to define the background color of a space white :)

Marc