[lazarus] Edit text beckground color.

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:53:03 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:36:22 +0200
"Marc Weustink" <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

>Theme... theme... let me see... Basic (I'm not that into theming).

do you mean default? I don't have any nor could I find any with a quick
search called basic.. If it is a special theme perhaps you could point me in
the right direction to test it out.

>To show the weirdness, not the while editor is grey, only where lines are.
>
>Say you have 3 lines of text, where 10 lines fit on the screen, only the
>area with the 3 lines is grey, the rest is white as I expected.

umm.. clueless here.. if it were my changes I would expect all areas where
the "Default color" was checked for background color to be the same.. it is
for me on every theme I have tried.

Including Default.. which as you say(assuming we are talking the same
theme), is white..  And that is what I get..

Perhaps there is something wrong with the SynEdit Color implementation where
it doesn't always update?
Sorry I can't be any help but  like I say, every theme I have tried works...
unless it is something I changed on my system that hasn't made it to CVS..
always a possibility that it is some odd behaviour which was fixed by
something I changed since then. I guess we can find out with the next
update..

The only oddities I have noticed with default is the system font color, and
oddly enough.. custom drawn checkbox's.(I am attempting to finish up
DrawFrameControl Check support.. next up tri-state!)

>Either I'm completely blind or it is at a illogic place, but I couldn't
>find a way to set the default colors.
>
>What worked for me was to define the background color of a space white :)

I think this is what I meant... AKA in Editor Color Options.

Andrew