[lazarus] io-bmp.c fails on line 282?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:36:45 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:14:08 -0400
"Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:

>0.19 version???? I can only find 0.18 on rpmfind or 2.0_0-2.0.6-8

new version just came out.. I wouldn't expect many packages to be released
yet.

>If you know of an RPM that takes care of the whole issue at once fine but I
>am going to wait until I upgrade to Mandrake 9. I have 8.2 but I might as
>well wait to do 9 now.

no what I am trying to say is make your own rpm package from the tar.gz file
at the gnome ftp site. Assuming you have all the Gnome devel packages for
your dist installed,(I am not sure of specific requirements). If you know
for certain that you installed the devels packages, it should be easy to
create and install an RPM. If you are going to upgrade to 9 soon don't
bother but nonethless, I will give the steps.

Simply

1.)download from:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gdk-pixbuf/0.19/gdk-pixbuf-0.19.0.tar.gz

2.)run rpmbuild -tb gdk-pixbuf*.19.tar.gz in the download directory

3.)install the resulting RPM packages(rpmbuild will list location at the
bottom of all its output)

If you want to try this go for it, but as I said, if you don't have all the
devels installed this won't work, and you'll end up in something of the same
boat as before requiring who knows how many devel and depend packages for
them.

If I had a spare system I could make you an RPM package in 2 minutes, but my
current working system is RH 7.3, and so all my RPM's, and RPMlib are too
new, so the resulting package would have a bunch of pointless depends too.

Andrew