[lazarus] io-bmp.c fails on line 282?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:50:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:18:22 -0500
"Tony Maro" <TonyM at nlisc.com> wrote:

>It's the TBitBtn that's causing the crash.  I converted it to a standard
>button and it worked afterwards.  I really like my bitbtn's though, so I
>anxiously await non-reliance on pixbuf.

Just to clarify here - TBitBtn is not causing the crash.  It is an issue in
older pixbuf's made apparent on account of my incomplete code. Arrgh I wish
I had a test system, w/older libs. but I don't.  IF I am correct this issue
is caused by the little blip of garbage data(which is by the way a properly
formatted BMP) in the lfm file on TBitBtn. So. If you

1.)turn of  TBitmap.ReadStream by inserting an exit; right after begin,

and (if you aren't already)

2.)use LoadFromXPMFile in TBitmap.LoadFromFile  instead of inherited

and then

3.) recompile Lazarus

Programs you make should work, because it never actually reads the BitBtn
Glyph from resources.

I hope this works for you, as it is a simple if temporary fix.  Sorry for
all the bother.. but I did warn that the streaming portion was incomplete &
very Dangerous. I just never thought about how it would affect TBitBtn's.

Andrew