[lazarus] Corrupted LPI

Tony Maro tonym at nlisc.com
Fri Sep 27 09:34:53 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 08:23, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> Yes. This is a very likely problem. Fact is, I think that lpi's should only
> contain Project file information, and Currently Open File information.

I agree 100% - besides, I don't want someone else knowing I'm working on
a file in another project called "trojanpasswordcatcher.pas"... lol.
(just kidding of course, but you get the picture).

I also figured out what happens when the project file "corrupts."  The
last few lines of the .lpi don't have carriage returns where they
belong, in fact if I open it up in a text editor, the font color changes
for those last few lines as if they include special control characters.
I went in and entered CR using VI in the proper places and the file
opened.

Is there a possible buffer overflow problem with the XML units from FPC
similar to the form saving problem we saw?

-Tony