[lazarus] Anyone else have broken tab in editor?

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:10:04 EDT 2002

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:37:34 -0400
"Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:

>Tony Maro wrote:

> > Okay, here's some test code, but if you
> > can't reproduce it then it's another linking issue.  This includes
> > both my compiled test app and the sources, so if the test app bombs
> >  (try it first) then try recompiling and see if it still does.
> >
> > http://members.telocity.com/~tonymaro/boom.tar.gz
> >
> > Really though it's just a button that calls form2.showmodal.  Click
> > that button, close the modal, then click the button again... boom!

>This also blows up for me. Also as a note I had the same project file
>issues with this as I did before. If I tried to open the project Lazarus
>crashed. I had to delete the .lpi file and recreate it with Lazarus to work
>with the code.

>Now on to this problem. As I said the app crashes for me just as you
>indicate so I don't think it is your setup. Thinking that maybe it wasn't
>closing the modal correctly I placed a button on the second form which
>performed a clean close of the modal window but the same thing happens. Not
>that I have fixed it or found the bug just confirmed that it does exist.

This is an Easy problem. I just misunderstood what it was.. so basically
this isn't my code causing the probem, but a flaw in the close code. When
close is set to caHide, it simply calls to Hide, which means that the
ShowModal code is never finished.. What should happen is if Hide is called
when in modal if the form is closed the modal result is set mrcanel, (I
think its mrCancel anyway) which cause the Showmodal to finish as though you
had clicked a cancel button, and everything works a-ok.. all we have to do
is in hide(or close), if fsModal in FormState then ModalResult := mrCancel;

Andrew