[lazarus] Component manager

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Apr 1 23:36:13 EST 2003

Mattias hasn't said anything yet, so I will...

We just added a component manager to Lazarus.  It manages the
customidecomps.pas file for you automatically.  I just updated from CVS
and it's in the current version.

This will make it much easier to add in downloaded components.  Look for
"configure custom components" in the components menu.  Make sure you
copy the sourcecode for the components you are adding somewhere in the
lazarus units path first.  It lets you choose the source file to add and
then lists the type definitions available in that file, for you to
select what components to install.  Once added, you can also configure
what page they appear on.

No doubt my parsing on the source files will turn out wrong for
someone... so don't be surprised if it does an endless loop or some
other sillyness. ;-)

--
Tony Maro
tony at maro.net
http://tony.maro.net/

Check out my software "CheckBook Tracker"
A GPL (free) replacement for Microsoft Money!