[lazarus] Using GTK2

andrew johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 15:36:18 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 04:06, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On 02 Apr 2003 10:37:31 +0200
> "A.J. Venter" <ajventer at direqlearn.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I have downloaded and installed the 0.85.1 lazarus sources from C.V.S.
> > built without a problem, and was able to do some basic coding. However,
> > I would prefer to use gtk2 over gtk1.
> > I downloaded gtk2pascal but I cannot figure out where I am supposed to
> > put it, changing the lazarus makefile to use GTK2 instead of GTK,
> > clearly recognises this, and attempts to build, but cannot find the
> > units (they are installed in /usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/linux) where do I
> > need them in order to use them with lazarus ? I allready have systems
> > where gtk1 compiled lazarus apps refuse to run (although my home system
> > functions).
>
> The gtk2 interface for the LCL is not complete.
>
> If someone wants to help us imlementing the gtk2 interface:
> The gtk2forpascal directory with the compiled .ppu files should be added to
> your /etc/fpc.cfg.
> The gtk2 interface shares the gtk1 interface files. Basically they just
> needs some {$IFDEF gtk2} statements and of course a lot of testing.

I started looking and while most of the basics I can and probably will
do(already working on keymap and gtkproc). I do not know what to do
about GTKWinAPIWindow. Some of it is as you say a matter of IfDefs. but
much of it I guess is no longer applicable. Can anyone who knows what is
different about gtk2 custom widget creation take a look and do this one?
For the limited time I have to work on it its a bit beyond me. Since it
is required by the other stuff I cannot test any other changes I make
till it is fixed, and while I did try I couldn't make much sense of it.

If no one else can I may try again over the weekend, but I would like to
get the ifdefs in place so I can do some testing on making sure that it
not only compiles, but actually works :)

Andrew