[lazarus] New FPC 1.1 - is it real?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 12 05:17:38 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:46:46 +0400
"Vasily I. Volchenko" <Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru> wrote:

> > Lucky one. With the current 1.1 I get no further than:
> >
> > Compiling grids.pas
> > xmlcfg.pp(35,1) Fatal: Can't find unit XMLCFG.
>
> > Can you give more details about the gtkwinapi error?
>
> I have downloaded fpc at about 11:20 PM yesterday, then compiled it.
> Then I had the following problems:
>
> utrace - I had to activate NEW1_1

FYI: The fpc team changed the TAssertErrorProc type.

> xmlcfg - I had to copy xmlcfg.pp from fpc to lcl directory.

:(
I feared that you did this.

> grids.pas - I had to comment word Type (some type = {type} another type)
> twice.

IMO, it's a bug in the current 1.1 that you can't type TPoint. I added
IFDEFs.

> And then... gtkwinapih.inc resulted in a tons of errors about that the
> methods could not be fount in the accendent (?) class(sorry for my
> English, it's just ÒÏÄÉÔÅÌØÓËÉÊ ËÌÁÓÓ in Russian).
> Seems like winapi.inc was not included in interfacebase (despine on $i).

No. Just add a warning and you will see that it is included. This time the
current 1.1 found a bug. HDC was defined twice. I fixed that.

With your xmlcfg workaround lazarus now compiles and run with the current
1.1.

Mattias