[lazarus] New FPC 1.1 - is it real?

musa hakmesyo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 05:38:25 EDT 2003

i use free pascal 1.06 version in my computer my os is
windows xp. I want to convert component to string and
string to component but in free pascal its crashed and
not properly work.but same code in delphi is run.my
code is below can you tell me how can i run it in free
pascal also.

var
  bt,comp:TComponent;
begin
  bt:=TComponent.Create(nil);
  bt.name:='gel';
  comp:=TComponent.Create(nil);
  //work properly
  WriteComponentResFile('c:\geldi.txt',bt);
  // i think it cant read and convert it from file
  comp:=ReadComponentResFile('c:\geldi.txt',comp);
  // it should write 'gel' but theres nothing
  writeln(comp.name);
  bt.free;
  comp.free;
end.