[lazarus] libgds.so, libcrypt.so Version?

Sun Apr 13 08:41:43 EDT 2003

On 12 Apr 2003, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> crypt is needed for IB6 and firbird. I am not sure why it is not
> included in the fcl header itself. but any app which uses >=ib6 or >=
> fb1 needs to link against it afaik.

Not really. It depends on the C library installation on your system.
It seems to me SuSE's C library has crypt routines built-in and does
not need the separate crypt library. Redhat does need it, if I
remember correctly. At least, here it compiles without any additional
{$linklib crypt} statement

Since it doesn't hurt, I added the {$LINKLIB crypt} statement to the
ibase60 unit.

Michael.