[lazarus] Patch for TMemo

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Tue Apr 15 20:27:00 EDT 2003

To Mattias,

I have discovered that due to the LM_AppendText message, we have bypassed the
normal processing of the text in Memo component thereby all text appears only
into say Memo1.Lines[0]. I have just finished doing cvs and noticed that we
disabled LM_AppendText. Also for normal programs where we are not inserting long
lines of text into TMemo control this is not a problem but as my application
needs to write possibly thousands of lines into TMemo I am back again with my
previous problem. Do I need to create a TMemo descendant just satisfy my needs
or are we going to try to improve TMemo so that inserting text can be made
faster?

Okay, I remember that we need to use TStringText instead of TMemoStrings. I will
try to implement it.
Regards,

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> on 04/15/2003 09:06 AM GMT

            Mattias Gaertner           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
 <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                               Subject:      Re: [lazarus] Patch for TMemo

         04/15/2003 05:06 PM
           Please respond to
        lazarus at miraclec.com

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:33:58 +0800
hernan.et at pg.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A report was sent in the list that TMemo is not working properly, I do
> have the same problem when using TMemo at design time and set Lines
> property though the problem is not there when creating the Lines property
> dynamically.

What problem?

> I also have problems when setting the word wrap property, I managed to
> corrent it.

Fixed.

> I have one problem though, I cannot make the horizontal scroll bar to work
> with TMemo, any ideas.

No. But I have the same problem.

> By the way the attached  file is the patch. Note that I added {$linklib
> crypt} and {$linklib dl} in the lazarus.pp since I am using Firebird. I
> understand that there was a change in the interbase files in the cvs that
> address this library inclusion. Also this is my first time to use diff
> based on Mattias' instruction.

{$linklib crypt} was added to idecomp.pp.

Is {$linklib dl} needed, too?

Mattias