[lazarus] Compile with fpc1.1

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 16 10:19:55 EDT 2003

> > The problem is that lazarus Makefile does not know that it needs gtk for
> > the lcl interface. I once made some patches for fpcmake to support lcl and
> >
> > it's targets but at that time it didn't work fully for everybody and the
> > changes from the Makefiles were reverted. Since i'm not one of the main
> > developppers of lazarus i did not pay any attention to it anymore
>
>I'm a pp devel. Can you describe me how to add gtk to [require], if needed?

The only way to do that is that fpcmake knows about the LCL. I already made
some things in the past for that. Also specifying the components needed was
possible. So adding synedit would directly add the -Fu to the synedit subdir.

>Btw, what has changed in current 1.1?

Nothing regarding this problem. I guess that it works with 1.0.7 is that
the configuration paths are configured for 1.0.7 and there are no
configuration settings avaialble for 1.1, so 1.1 does not know where all
the units are. It can guess only some default paths but that is not enough
for this case.

Peter