Fw: Fwd: Re: [lazarus] Lazarus and FreeBSD problem finding units

Rod Person opensourcebeef at hotpop.com
Sat Aug 2 21:57:00 EDT 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 05:24 am, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:50:11 +0200 (CEST)
>
> > > I tried placing the paths to
> > > /usr/local/lib/fpc-1.0.10/freebsd/units/rtl and
> > > /usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/unix in the compile options
> > > other units and other sources respectively, but still I get the
> > > error.
>
> This is because the units of the FCL (classes.pp) also uses the
> SysUtils. The compiler options are only valid for the project
> directory. The FPC sources consists of many packages and libraries
> with dependencies, that can't be described with a few search paths.
> Just set the FPC Source directory in the environment options and the
> IDE will scan the directory and auto create the needed settings. You
> can see the result in Environment -> CodeTools Defines Editor.
>
> Note:
> The IDE uses a platform independent mechanism to setup the FPC source
> directory. But there are some exceptions which need some tricks (e.g.
> syswin32 and syslinux). I only tested it under linux and a little bit
> under win32. So, maybe some units or include files will not be found
> under BSD. Please report them.

Ok, I found the problem I think. It's looking for SysUtils (and others)
under
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/freebsd. Well that's not where they
are.
Some of these units where in /usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/unix,
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/inc and
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/fcl/unix. I copied these file to
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/freebsd and everything seemed to go
fine
until it wanted a file called setjumph.inc, it seems that file does not
exists on my system. I can not find it anywhere. It is needed for
systemh.inc
So now I am stuck here :(

--
Rod