[lazarus] Newbie questions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Aug 7 05:16:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 03:24:50 -0600
Elio Cuevas Gómez <elcugo at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

> Hi all.
> First i'll introduce myself: My name is Elio, i have been programming in
> Delphi and Pascal for a while and just recently switched to Linux and
> Lazarus. I would love to help in the development of Lazarus, as soon as
> i get used to it, i hope you'll give me the chance.
>
> I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1.- I installed lazarus in my system (Debian) directly from the sources
> using "make install" and everything goes well. But when i compile the
> projects Lazarus can't find "Interfaces", "LResource", "Controls", etc.
> So i guess these units aren't installed. Where should i put them?

The "make install" is not complete. Gladfully you don't need it.
Lazarus is a development tool and its binaries and sources work together.
That means, they should stay in one directory.
So, contrary to most c programs, which require "configure", "make", "make
install", lazarus only needs "make".
Just put the lazarus directory wherever you like and do a "make" or "make
clean all". Sources and binaries live happily together in one directory.

> 2.- How do you make a MDI app? I already have a FSMDIFORM Form and a
> FSMDICHILD form, but when i run the program, both forms are independent
> one of the other. Is MDI implemented?

MDI is not implemented yet. Any help is welcome.

Mattias