[lazarus] Owner and parent must be equal?

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Mon Aug 11 14:10:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

Lazarus has a small memory leak in the compiler options form.

I changed line 4388 in CompilerOptions.pp to:
  edtUnitOutputDir := TEdit.Create(grpUnitOutputDir);
i.e. making the owner equal to the parent groupbox.
Since it was solved then, I didn't research further, why the owner and
the parent of a control in a GroupBox need to be the same. Normally
grpCompiler is destroyed (almost) at the same time, so why doesn't it
the edtUnitOutputDir?

Regards,
Vincent.