[lazarus] Lazarus and fpc 1.1

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Aug 14 17:12:24 EDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:46:00 +0200
Vincent Snijders <vslist at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch for utrace.pp and grids.pp/
>
> It removes the redundant TAssertProc definition and uses define VER1_1
> instead of NEW1_1 to compiler. The lcl can be compiled with fpc 1.1.

The NEW1_1 indicates the difference between the last working fpc 1.1 (the
rpm on the website) and the current (NEW1_1). We can change the NEW1_1 to
VER1_1, when we
a) remove the fpc 1.1 rpm
b) create a new fpc 1.1 rpm

> I want to use fpc 1.1 for lazarus, so we can use interfaces
> and use the win32 browse for folder dialog.

We don't need interfaces for the win32 browse dialog. It would only make
things nicer.

> I cannot compile synedit with fpc 1.1. It gives a duplicate label error.
> Is there a list of fpc bugs which prevent fpc 1.1 to compile lazarus?

Last time I check it was only this one. The rest was fixed by workarounds.

Mattias