[lazarus] application, forms, win32

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Aug 26 06:35:01 EDT 2003

This is more of a Delphi and/or win32 question, BUT.

I'm playing with ICS, and got some console programs running.

However one of the demoes uses unit forms, but only to keep messages
flowing. (it is a console unit)

 { session is connecting or application terminated.               }
    while WSocket1.State in [wsConnecting] do begin
        Application.ProcessMessages;
        if Application.Terminated then
            break;
    end;
    if WSocket1.State = wsConnected then begin
        WSocket1.ReadLine(15, Buffer);

(those application lines are probably the only forms stuff used)

Can I fake this easily?
Anybody have a skeleton win32 application object ?

Is there a lowlevel unit of the LCL that I could use instead?