[lazarus] can not resize form

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Mon Dec 15 09:36:57 EST 2003

Ken Moffat írta:
> LeVA wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a form called Form1, and it has a Button, which has these actions:
>>
>> Form1.Width := 518;
>> Form1.Height := 536;
>>
>> In Kylix and Delphi these variables controls the size of the form. In
>> lazarus, these variables doesn't do anything (for me?).
>

> This code works fine here on Lazarus. Is this the only test you've done?

It is only working, when the Form's Borderstyle is set to
'bstoolwindow'. Then the resizing works, and I get the expected result.
If the Borderstyle is set to something other than 'bstoolwindow', then
the Form1.width/height, do not working.

And allow me to merge another problem. When I'm using the BitButton, or
the TIMAGE, lazarus can not display the given bmp file correctly. It
only puts some colour lines, and a thick black line instead of
displaying the bmp. I tried to convert the bitmap to greyscale, but no
success. I get these messages in my console, when adding bmp files:

Warning: [TgtkObject.CreateBitmap] No visual for depth 8. Using default.

I get this message when I'm opening a greyscaled bitmap file too.

Is it possible that this bmp problem, and above resizing problem is
caused by my old (1.2.10-11) gtk libs?

Thanks!

Daniel

--