[lazarus] lazarus vs. xml

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Thu Dec 18 14:38:13 EST 2003

Hi!

I figured out that my previous problem with opening the project files,
is because of the new lazarus doesn't working with my xml libraries.
Lazarus can not read it's config files, and the project files, which are
all in xml format. This is very serious because I can not do anything
with lazarus. If I create a new project, and save it, I can not even
reopen it. I get this error message in the console, when I run lazarus:

[TEnvironmentOptions.Load]  error reading
"/home/leva/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml": In
/home/leva/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml (line 1 pos 1): Expected element
NOTE: editor options config file not found - using defaults
NOTE: miscellaneous options file not found - using defaults
NOTE: codetools config file not found - using defaults
[TCodeToolsOptions.Load]  error reading
"/home/leva/.lazarus/inputhistory.xml"

NOTE: FPC Source Directory not set! (see Environment Options)

NOTE: Could not create Define Template for Free Pascal Sources

I have these version of xml installed on my system:

ii  libxml-dev     1.8.17-2
ii  libxml1        1.8.17-2
ii  libxml2        2.4.19-4
ii  libxml2-dev    2.4.19-4

I had only the xml2 libraries before, and now that lazarus doesn't work,
I thought that it might be because lazarus is only working with xml1
libs. So I installed xml1 libs too, and recompiled lazarus. But the
problem is still there. Lazarus can not handle xml files.
Please try to confirm this problem, and help me.
Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA